He was born to Dr. Ravindra Nath Mukerjee and Mrs. Chanda Mukerjee in Kolkata on 22nd March 1978. He finished his Bachelors in Electronics & Communciation Engineering from BIT Mesra, Masters in Information & Communication Engineering from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany & MBA in General Management from ESSEC-Mannheim Business School in Germany and France. After working for companies like Infineon Technologies, Qimonda , Kobil Systems he joined Lam Research in Austria and eventually moved to Lam Research out of Tualatin, Oregon . As of May 2021 he joined Stanley Black & Decker as Director of Global Sourcing – Electronics to develop and lead strategic sourcing efforts for Electronics across GST business units Download PDF version of the Resume here
Accomplished Supply Chain Leader with over 15 years of management experience and proven track record of reducing costs and increasing quality of materials and services provided. Expertise includes conducting effective negotiations, developing and executing strategies to drive revenue growth and align operational initiatives with corporate objectives, and building and leading high performing teams that succeed through a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and engagement. Skilled in project and process management, implementing continuous improvements and emerging technologies, and cultivating key relationships and partnerships. Fluent in English, Hindi, and Bengali languages with working proficiency in German.
|Supply Chain & Operations Management||Global Sourcing & Logistics||Procurement|
|Lean Manufacturing||Materials Management||Project Management|
|Budgeting & Forecasting||Team Building & Leadership||Training & Development|
Professional Experience & Selected Achievements
STANLEY BLACK & DECKER , TOWSON, MD 2021 – Present
Stanley Black & Decker is a Fortune 500 company and a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercia electronic security and engineered fastening systems.
Director of Global Sourcing – Electronics
Develop and lead strategic sourcing efforts for Electronics with ~$1.4B spend across GST business units. Lead a team of 3 Commodity Leaders who together manage a team of 18 sourcing leaders in electrical/electronic assemblies (Battery modules, Chargers, Motors, Motor components, PCBA, Switches, electromechanical components, cord sets/wire harnesses) and semiconductor components worldwide.
- Achieved over $2M annual savings through strategic pricing negotiations.
- Develop and execute strategies for managing Tier II suppliers directly
- Negotiating Long Term Agreements with Suppliers for better long-term pricing and supply commitments
- Mentoring team for leadership positions within the team
LAM RESEARCH CORP., Portland, OR 2011 – 2021
Lam Research, a partner to the world’s leading semiconductor companies, engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and service of semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits.
Senior Manager, Strategic Commodity Management, 2019 – 2021
Oversee global supply chain operations with over $700M annual spend and management of fluid delivery integration worldwide encompassing development and execution of vision, sourcing strategy, contracting, purchasing, materials management, budgeting and forecasting, and strategic commodity reviews; supervise three direct reports with management of seven team members. Doubled capacity and supply requirements; aligned and established communication process between product groups and supply chain; foster and maintain relationships.
- Achieved over $12M annual savings through strategic pricing negotiations.
- Attained additional $2M annual savings by streamlining global supply chain management process; used dual sourcing and shifted manufacturing to LCR.
- Improved lead-time 40% through optimal utilization of Inventory Stocking and Kanban programs.
- Developed team members into promotional roles through coaching and mentoring.
Senior Manager, Supplier Business Management, 2012 – 2019 │ Supplier Business Manager, Villach, Austria, 2011 – 2012
Led global supply chain activities including business process development and optimization surrounding configurable cost management/total cost of ownership (TCO) models; supervised team with 10 members. Initiated capacity models with contract manufacturers with focus on accountability and predictability; implemented cost transparency and aligned product group and supply chain. Served as member of Regional Leadership Team for Supply Chains.
- Acquired $5M savings through effective competitive tension and dual sourcing strategies; attained additional savings by negotiating new Global Purchasing agreements with suppliers.
- Successfully drove lead-time improvement 30% through collaboration with engineering teams and suppliers; efficiently used Inventory Stocking/Kanban programs.
- Improved predictability of supply and capacity; administered training in streamlining capacity planning and management ahead of demand.
- Developed team members into leadership roles through individual development plans.
- Delivered instructional sessions on make versus buy, cost management, and inventory management.
KOBIL SYSTEMS GMBH, Mannheim, Germany 2010 – 2011
KOBIL Systems is an information security company specializing in the creation, delivery, and management of trusted digital identities, authentication, secure data technology, cryptography, and smart card solutions.
Head of Supply Chain and Production
Directed overall operations with responsibility for strategic planning, supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics in Europe and Asia; supervised team with 15 members. Successfully doubled production to meet demands by enabling second manufacturing site in China for HVM builds while maintaining cost, quality, and delivery goals.
- Attained $500K annual cost savings by optimizing production lots in operations, outsourcing production to contract manufacturers for NPI builds and HVM builds, and utilizing improved logistics options.
- Enhanced operational efficiencies and product quality; implemented documented process of records of manufacturing for continuous quality and set up.
- Reduced lead time 50% by improving production, inventory stocking agreements, and mix mode transport; set up 3PL for optimized end to end logistics (cross docking) and direct customer logistics.
QIMONDA AG, Munich, Germany 2002 – 2009
Qimonda (split out of Infineon Technologies in 2006) was a leading global memory supplier.
Managed Next Generation Wafer Test Systems for Memory division; supervised team with three members. Selected to lead Wafer Test Equipment Team involving equipment specifications, vendor selection, cost reductions, and quality assurance efforts; served as Representative in international conferences on technical and commercial issues.
- Successfully led collaboration efforts in designing world’s first full wafer touch probe card on 300mm wafers.
- Decreased lead time on probe cards 20%; partnered with suppliers and Engineering in implementing new technologies.
- Lowered product cost 20% by initiating dual sourcing; utilized technical differentiation to produce competitiveness.
Education & Credentials
Master of Business Administration (focus: General Management)
Joint Program: Mannheim Business School, Mannheim, Germany & ESSEC Business School, Paris, France
Master of Science in Information and Communication
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, India
Negotiation Solutions • Understand the Working of DRAM Manufacturing & Testing
Writing Test Programs for using Advantest Testers for Memory Testing
Microsoft Office Suite (with advanced Excel skills) • SharePoint
MRP/ERP • MS Project • Power BI • MS Visio • VBA • C/C++ • SAP
Community ServicePresident, Prabashi Portland – Bengali Association of Greater Portland